Sketching for Fun with Confidence with Katy Vigeland
Do you ever wish you would sketch more but you just don't feel comfortable enough with your skills, especially in public? Join Katy Vigeland for this one-day workshop where we will turn down the volume of that inner critic and have some fun drawing in our sketchbooks ALL DAY LONG!
While we sketch, we will explore different pens, pencils, markers and watercolor and discover how each medium is special. We will try different styles of drawing, including contour, working on a colored ground, establishing values, and adding color and pattern. Katy will bring plenty of props for subject matter. Plus we will draw each other and even venture out to a public location. Bring a sack lunch or some cash to grab a bite downtown.
Note: All regular priced supplies are available at 20% off from Art Department for this class.
- 1 small Black Brush Pen (Pitt or Micron)
- 2-4 Colored brush pens (Pitt, Tombow, Copic, etc.)
- Fountain Pen, any color with water-soluble ink, Zebra, Pilot Varsity, etc.
- Small watercolor set 8-12 colors
- 2 different-sized Round, watercolor brushes. Either Waterbrush size Medium or Large or Watercolor Brush Size 5,6,7, or 8, or a combination of both.
- Watercolor Brush Flat, Size 3/4" or 1"
- 3 Graphite pencils HB, 4B, and 8B or 9B
- 2 or more Colored Pencils (Faber-Castell, Prismacolor or other artist quality)
- 1 Kneaded eraser
- Pencil Sharpener
- 1 UHU Glue Stic
- Sketchbook with at least 15-20 blank pages, 5.5X8, to 9x12. New or used. Heavy enough (90# or more) to accept watercolor. Smaller sketchbooks are lighter and you are more likely to take them. Here are a few I like: