Color Mixing Recipes for Portraits: Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor
Color Mixing Recipes for Portraits features master mixes for an array of skin colors in oil, acrylic, and watercolor—plus recipes for hair, eye, and lip colors. The concealed wire-o bound book also includes a plastic color-mixing grid for measuring out paints, as well as a handy conversion chart for finding acrylic equivalents of oil paints and vice versa. With recipes for more than 500 color combinations, this comprehensive guide is your ultimate source for painting realistic skin, mouths, ears, noses, eyes, and hair.
This convenient guide details three simple steps to mix virtually any skin tone:
- Match a palette of skin tones from this book to your portrait subject.
- Create the Master Skin Tone Recipe for this palette using the Color Mixing Grid to measure each paint color.
- Follow the recipes to create all the skin tones you'll need to complete your portrait—from light values to shadows.
- Color theory
- Tinting, toning, and shading
- Graying skin tones naturally
- Identifying facial planes
- Mouth, nose, and ear color tones
- Eye and hair color tones
- Watercolor skin tone recipes
With recipes for more than 500 color combinations, Color Mixing Recipes for Portraits is your ultimate source for painting realistic skin, mouths, ears, noses, eyes, and hair.