Live Zoom Class, Getting Past Your Color Palette with Julie Jeanseau
This workshop will be a guided time to explore mixing colors, tints, tones and shades. Understanding the breadth of color use in your painting can transform a painting from satisfactory to engaging and magic. We will learn the rules of how color works, then practice breaking them in a safe low-risk project. This workshop will build your confidence, and curiosity to explore the joy of color.
Note: All regular priced supplies are available at 20% off from Art Department for this class.
- Paint in either Acrylic or Oil, new painters encouraged to work in Acrylic
- Medium Red (Cadimum, naphthol red)
- Blue ( cobalt or ultramarine)
- Yellow(cadmium light)
- Raw umber
- Warm white
- Palette knife
- Palette( gray mixing paper, plastic or glass)
- Brushes- a small (round 2-4)
- Medium (flat or filbert 6-10)
- Sketch book of mixed media paper or watercolor paper
- A color wheel
- A substrate of your choosing but no larger than 10 inches.
- Personal choice supplies:Apron, gloves, toolbox to carry supplies, paper towels