The Graphic Design Reference and Specification Book
The Graphic Design Reference & Specification Book is a must-have sourcebook for every designer—amateur of professional.
Completely practical with only the most needed information, this valuable book provides designers with all the little details that can make or break a design, such as:
- How much space to leave in the gutter when designing barrel folds
- How to layout a template for a box, and the ratios of each part
- Metric conversion charts
- Copyright and trademark standards
- Proofreaders' symbols
- Image file formats
- Standard camera formats and sizes
- Finding the best scanning resolution
- Type basics and terminology
- Guide to printing processes
- Paper usage guide
- Standard binding types
- Process color finder
- Proofing methods
- Standard envelope sizes in the USA, Europe, Canada and Asia
- And much more.
Take this compact and accessible reference everywhere you go for details on all the things you can never find but need to know when designing.