Palette Knife Painting with Acrylics with Cynthia Herron
Original price $125.00 - Original price $125.00
$125.00 - $125.00
Current price $125.00
Jan 28 & 29 from 1-4pm
This workshop will emphasize palette knife techniques with acrylic paints. We will start (and maybe complete) three different paintings to learn blending, knife technique, layering with tissue papers, and impasto. Any experience level is welcome.
Note: All regular-priced supplies are available at 20% off from Art Department for this class.
- Set of acrylic tube paints
- disposable palette 9” x 12”
- 3 wood panels: 8” x 10”, 12” x 12”, and/or 9” x 12”. Gesso should already be applied.
- Gel medium
- Black China marker
- 5 palette knives: medium width for mixing paint. narrow pointed one for painting small areas. wide 1” or 1 ½” for applying paint (plastic or metal is fine). Wide 2” for applying paint (plastic is fine) See photo
- Photos to work from: landscape, flower, animal, city scene, water scene. Photos with people or lots of detail don’t work as well.
- Tissue paper or thin art paper for collage.